Friday, October 16, 2009

Preparing for another weekend at the cottage

Hello folks,

Wow! I just finished reading the blogs of Kara Sheppard-Jones and Allison Jones..haha.. ironic- they aren't related. These two blow my mind and the intensive programs which they are participating in remind me of how great intercultural intensive programs are, United World Colleges and the one I am participating in. I'm not going to lie, reading about these two and their phenomenal schooling experiences makes me a little bit jealous, but also reminds me that integrating many different aspects of life together makes a truly healthy education. Reading their blogs also reminds me that involving oneself in more opportunities makes life better, even easier.

As I ponder over what I just read, I'm starting to think about what I can do with the rest of my day, after a 10 minute work day at the town council. I've got my ankles back so maybe a run. I need to finish fixing a bike and pick up some winter shoes! I'd love to finish off a letter I'm drafting to Ida Chong too. I think I'll also start another book - maybe tackle Darwin's "The Origin of Species". But who knows. As I've read from the two UWC students, take whatever opportunities come your way and don't enter with too many expectations!

As for life over the past two days, Thursday was our EAD and John will tell you about that.....

So on thursday We had an EAD by Sam and Julia and I had seen some of it already before and I was stoked to see how they would do all their presentation about Old Ostroh and todays Ostroh and the effects they had/have on the environment. So it turned out theyhad a person from the city come in to talk about cleaning up the city and we got to go on a tour with this crazy old museum guy. Think of a eccentric and opinionated short balding uncle with a big mustache who made history his life and then you have our guide, who is also Julia an Marty's boss. Anywho its was a good day with lots of interesting acts about ukraine then and now. The end.

And that's John. John and Marty are sitting beside me in the post office. ONce I'm done wih this we'll head off. LAter today it will be a trip off to the cottage for some guaranteed good times.

love,

ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment